The New Day

The American people have spoken, and have spoken clearly indeed. Barack Obama is the President-elect.

The other day, I witnessed as history unfolded before my very eyes. For the very first time in this country, an African-American had been elected as President. A hundred years ago, who would have thought that this would be possible? But Barack Obama proved that indeed, with hard work and determination, everything can be made possible. Obama has successfully carved a name for himself in this nation’s history. And I applaud him for it.

But I have to admit, I was in tears as I listened to McCain’s concession speech. I wished things went differently for this man who endured so much to serve this country. But now that everything has been said and done, it's time to move on. McCain is right. In his speech he urged his fellow Americans “to offer our goodwill and our earnest efforts, to find ways to come together….to bridge our differences to help restore our prosperity, defend our security in a dangerous world and leave our children and grandchildren a stronger and better country than we inherited”.

As the President-elect, I will give Obama the respect that he deserves. I have no doubt that I will not agree with him a hundred percent, but I wholeheartedly wish him well. But while this is so, it doesn’t mean that I will allow my godly ideals to be compromised. I will continue to fight for the unborn and for the institution of marriage to remain as God has designed it to be : between a man and a woman.

Above all, I will intercede for our new President and pray that may God give him wisdom as he takes over the most important job in the whole world – as President of the United States of America.

I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions,
and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in
authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and
honesty. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour" (I
Timothy 2:1-3).


But the plans of the LORD stand firm forever, the purposes of
his heart through all generations (Ps. 33:11)

Let us not forget that no matter what, the government for the people, of the
people and by the people ultimately belongs to no one else but God – and
He alone is in control!

God bless you, President-elect Obama. And God bless America!


Comments

Anonymous said…
Well expressed Jescel. Hope you and Joe are doing well. How is your dad?


Silvia Meza
Jescel said…
Hey Silvia.. my father is doing much better. He's being stubborn again, so that should be a good sign, huh? :o) he's learning to get around in a wheelchair.. Thank you for asking about my father. Miss you guys.

Popular posts from this blog

A Recap of 2007

Kung Hei Fat Choi

Breast Health