Walking On Water


I feel like I am Peter in the bible... not the one who is walking
on water, but the one who is sinking in the water.

A tropical depression is once again brewing in the horizon of my life and I can only hope and pray that this will not become a full-fledged hurricane. (Do you think I've lived in South Florida long enough? LOL) Seriously though, looks like the stormy weather in my life is far from over.

My father has yet again another health issue that we need to deal with ASAP. If you recall in my previous blogs, I have mentioned that blood clotted on his heels and ankles which caused those part of his feet to be swollen. This has started shortly before my mother passed away. My father has seen his doctor once since then, who just gave him antibiotics to take. Well, the swelling has not subsided at all and instead has gotten worse, causing the skin to break out.

To make a long story short - I took my father to the Orthopedic surgeon today who then told us that my father needs an operation on both of his heels. The skin ulcers and swelling on his heels have apparently become gangrenous. The doctor needs to scrape off all the dead tissues and let all the puss out from there- a process that will leave a big hole in his heels which the doctor said might be difficult to patch up. But that's not the major concern- the big one is whether or not my father will have to have his legs amputated. We don't want the bacteria to reach his bloodstream causing a septic condition that is potentially fatal where it would be too late for us to do anything.

The procedure to be done on my father is considered a major operation since he's going to have to be under general anesthesia. This means that he needs to be admitted to the hospital for a number of days!

Once again, I am faced with a life and death situation. I said in my earlier blogs that we discovered my father has a coronary triple vessel disease and any procedure done on him would be more dangerous than the average person of the same age. On the other hand, if we don't have this surgery, my dad runs the risk of either leg amputation and developing the fatal septic condition.

I listened incredulously to the doctor as the full implication of what he was telling us hit me... another hospitalization, another health scare, another financial expense! It was at this month last year that we first learned of my mother's breast cancer... and it seems to me that the process has begun all over again.

I am not doubting the Lord's goodness nor for a second do I question His plans for us, but during a moment of weakness, and in all desperation, all I could utter was the question.... "Lord, is this ever going to end? Have you ever heard my prayers?"..... I am just being real, being "naked" before the Lord.

I was walking on water, but now I am sinking.... my eyes are on the winds and the waves in my life. All of us go through these weak moments. I am having mine right now.

To our friends and family, please continue to pray now for Papa's healing and for us, as we need God's wisdom, intervention, and provision to meet the needs that this new situation may present to us.

Thank you all for your continued support.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Jescel,
Raul and i will continue to pray for you and your father. We miss you and pray that God continues to give you strength and hope.
We love you, Tati & Raul
Marcy Ribeiro said…
Hey Jescel and Joe...wow, i just read what you guys are going through and the faith behind it and it just wow's me.....Jescel, we are praying for you and joe and your dad....Praying for wisdom and direction. As I was sleeping this verse came up in my head: James 1:2 Consider it pure joy my brothers & sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know the testing of you faith produces perservernce...." I didnt know why that verse came up in my sleep but i prayed for my family and for those moments that i would have to face.....but as i read your blog....that verse is for you guys as well...He is maturing you...Cant wait for you guys to be back and hopefully with your daddy- healthy...
Dave and Vicky said…
Jescel... I'm so sorry. Please know we are praying for you and Joe. I'm praying for your strength and peace in whatever the Lord leads you.
Prov 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path.
Big Sister said…
You are continually in our prayers. Math 11:28-30 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
Anonymous said…
Hey Jes. I'm so sorry that you're going through all this stuff. I can understand that you are experiencing weakness right now.
All I can say is that I will be praying for you guys.
Anonymous said…
will continue to keep you in prayer, te jes. much grace.
Anonymous said…
Jescel,
Wow sweetie what trying times you are facing. I don't think there is anything anyone can say that will ease your fears except BE STONG AND KEEP THE FAITH!!! I know you are a faithful woman look at me now remeber you were my teacher and I love the Lord. You are stonger than you think and that is what makes you so special. I will continue to pray for you and your family. We all miss you very much here at Clear Choice. Your bright smile brightens everyone's day. I love you stay strong and many God always bless you. Hang in there the Lord will shine his light upon you.

Love ya girl Gracey
Jescel said…
thank you all for your prayers. it's been difficult, but i know that this season shall pass. this is just to prepare us for greater things ahead of us...
Jescel said…
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular posts from this blog

A Recap of 2007

Kung Hei Fat Choi

Breast Health