He Never Lets Go

My father is going to be admitted to the hospital once again starting tomorrow, April 30th.

This past couple of weeks, he has been complaining of chest pains, shortness sometimes difficulty of breathing . It has become a great effort for him just to walk from his bedroom to the dining room – and that’s just a few feet away. Yesterday while at the doctors, they did an EKG on him and found out that his heart is racing faster than normal. So the doctor suggested that it is best for him to be admitted so they can run tests on him in the hospital thoroughly. My husband and I agree that this would be the best solution.

If you recall, June last year, he was diagnosed to have a cardiovascular triple vessel disease where the 3 major arteries of his heart are clogged. This calls for a triple heart bypass but we never had this procedure done on him firstly due to his diabetes and age which would make the surgery even riskier than it already is. Secondly, we just cannot afford the Php1.5 million needed (around $37,000), just for the surgery alone (excluding the aftercare expenses). So, my father’s heart is really, really fragile – its function fully dependent on the smaller blood vessels on the lower part surrounding his heart to deliver the blood and oxygen needed for him to live.

So my friends and family, please help me pray for this recent situation that is threatening the peace of the Lord that’s guarding my heart to unravel. Please lift up my father, that he may have the grace and the faith to sustain him; for me and my husband for provision and strength in our spirit that we may hold on to the promises of God’s word.

Even though I walkthrough the valley of the shadow of death,
Your perfect love is casting out fear.
And even when I’m caughtin the middle of the storms of this life,
I won’t turn back, I know You are near

And I will fear no evil,
For my God is with me.And if my God is with me,
Whom then shall I fear?
Whom then shall I fear?

Oh no, You never let go,
Through the calm and through the storm
Oh no, You never let go,
In every high and every low
Oh no, You never let go
Lord, You never let go of me.
(Lyrics of the song “You Never Let Go Of Me” by Matt Redman)


Comments

Anonymous said…
I hope and pray that everything goes well with your father. :-)
Dave and Vicky said…
Jes, We are praying for you and Joe as you make such difficult decisions. Please call us if you need us for anything.
Anonymous said…
Hey Jescel, I can't imagine what you're feeling. Let me know if you need any help with anything. We'll be praying for your father and to see God's mighty hand move.
Anonymous said…
much grace and His strength be upon you and joe, te jes. my love and prayers go with this.:-)
jes, i am so sorry to hear this, and I pray that God's healing hands will touch him. Always stay strong, even amidst this crisis.
@heredes said…
Hey Jescel ...

Praying for you guys ..

miss ya .. haven't seen you guys recently :(

-H

Popular posts from this blog

A Recap of 2007

Kung Hei Fat Choi

Breast Health