Bummed

No matter how careful we are sometimes, things still go wrong.

Well, I had another little car mishap today - I managed to scratch our car again. I was out earlier this afternoon in one of the shopping areas in Kendall Drive. Whenever I can, I always back into a parking space. After having had an accident when backing out of a parking space years ago, since then I've decided to back into a parking space whenever I can, at least. Unfortunately today, I never noticed a very slender palm tree behind me. It was completely hidden in my blind spot! How could I miss it, you'd wonder? Yeah, I know, I have agonized over this question myself.

If you recall a few months ago, I also scratched the car pretty badly (in the front bumper, right side), but I had no idea that I did. (Read story here) This time around, I totally knew. I actually felt the rear right side of my car (just below the tail light) deflect due to the pressure of the palm tree against the car's surface! Thank God I didn't break the light, and that I was going slow otherwise, the car could have had more damage.

It wasn't a nice feeling waiting for my husband to come home from work, and him finding out what I did. It's isn't always nice to be the bearer of bad news, especially when it's all your fault. Thankfully, Joe is, as always, the understanding husband. Of course it is frustrating for him, but as he puts it, "thank God nothing worse happened to me or to the car".

And he's right. It is just a matter of perspective. Life is always a choice. You either choose to look at the glass half-full or half-empty. If only we learn to always look at a situation with a positive attitude, things actually aren't always as bad as they seem to be.

So yes, thank God that it's only a scratch.

Comments

Dave and Vicky said…
so sorry... those things are more frustrating than anything...trust me I know...
but even though in the moment it makes you sick to your stomach...in the broad spectrum of things it's really not that important...:)
Sending you a big hug..Vicky
Jescel said…
thanks for the hug, vicky. i was just frustrated with myself.. hehhehe..
Anonymous said…
look at it this way - it gives the car character and easier to find in the parking lot! yes it is frustrating, but it's a car and you were not hurt that's the important thing.
Jescel said…
"Car-acter" huh, Holly? Yeah, and the character is that of someone dangerous.. LOL!
Tiffer said…
I know this might come across as a cliche, but I think it kind fits. One bible study, we were talking about stuff and how it's all God's stuff. We read a story of how a guy got a brand new car, and minutes later had a scratch on it. The guy goes, "OK God, I guess you wanted a scratch on you car."
Jescel said…
you're exactly right, Tiffer. Thank you for reminding me.

Popular posts from this blog

A Recap of 2007

Kung Hei Fat Choi

Breast Health