The Way To Peace Is War

No, I’m not referring to the Iraqi war or some bloody revolution. Rather, I’m referring to another type of war that is done on a whole different level -- it is a revolution, alright and violent at that!

What I am talking about is the revolution that takes place in the spirit when we are waging war on our knees !
Here's something that a friend of mine (Salome) shared and I would like to pass this on to you. This is one of those paradoxical principles in the kingdom – “that to attain true peace we must war for the truth”.

To understand what I am talking about, read the article below. I pray that as we learn to go to “war”, the REST and the PEACE of God will reign in our lives this 2008 no matter what adverse circumstances we may find ourselves in.

God bless you.

==============================================================

How do you find rest in the midst of war? Well, we all know that the prophets have prophesied that this is a time of war in the heavenlies and those who contend will win.

But the hardest thing to do is to find rest in your soul though you are participating in this end time war for God's kingdom to be established in our lives, our homes, our communities, our nations and the world.

In scripture, we find several passages which give us an inkling how we can remain in 'peace' soulfully while the battle rages.

Isaiah 30:15 says: 'in repentance and rest you will be saved. In quietness and trust is your strength.'

Personally, when I feel GOD tugging at my soul and giving me unrest, I usually do some reality check to find out if I've done something that did not please him. Until I find out why it is, there is no rest for my soul.... it may take days or weeks or even months, until I truly spend time pressing in to God to tell me what is the root of my unrest. A thought just flashed right now: what if the reason for the unrest is that God is not comfortable anymore living inside me because something unholy or ungodly came inside the temple? Hmmm, worth thinking about, don't you think? And so, He nudges and pokes gently at first and then it intensifies, so that He can enjoy living in me and enjoy me.

I have found out that when we don't deal with our ways and our thoughts and our motives daily, unrest in body, soul and spirit occurs. In Jer. 6:16 it says: Stand by the ways and see and ask for the ancient paths, where the good way is and walk in it. And you will find rest for your souls.

Our souls need to rest folks. That way we won't become stressed and frustrated and angry.That's why the way to rest is to war. War for a breakthrough in knowing what is really pressing your soul into unrest. We need to war for God's voice to be clear so that we can do what He wants us to do. We need to war so that when we find the answer we can breakthrough to peace.

Isn't that amazing? To attain true peace we must war for the truth... and that is why I soak in the Holy Ghost as much as I can. Because in the place of His Presence we see things as we ought.

When the Holy Spirit begins to move in me, there is like a spotlight that he turns on inside of me to show me what is really going on. Once I deal with an issue, or a prayer that needs to be uttered, or a deed that i have to do immediately, or whatever; Once I obey what He tells me to do, peace comes like a flood. Instantly the tension is removed and rest comes.

So, I pray for you my friends that this year you will contend for that peace by warring for truth to be manifested whenever unrest comes into your souls. Let the tide of the Spirit wash away all our unrest this year... Peace.

Philippians 4:7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Recap of 2007

Kung Hei Fat Choi

Breast Health