Nothing But A Hiccup

I am tired. As of my writing this blog, I've only slept for a couple of hours. This is because I've had calls from the Philippines almost every couple of hours last night. The last call being at 6:00 am this morning, just when I was finally dozing off!

Yeah, you guessed it. Another situation came up with my father. The girl that's taking care of him (her name is Marilyn) had to go home to her family. Her mother has an emergecy medical situation, and Marilyn needs to go home immediately as her mother might not have much time left anymore!

Since Marilyn came to work for us, I've been depending on heavily on her. She has truly been a blessing from God. She is our full time household help cum caregiver of my parents. And now that my mom is gone, it's just her and my father that's left in the house. When I was in Cebu, I tried to find another person to hire to be with my father and Marilyn but found no one. I wanted another one just incase things like this might happen..............and it really did.

This means that my father would have to be alone in the house, if we can't find someone else who is available and willing to be with him, at least temporarily, while Marilyn attends to her personal matters. If you've read my hubby's blog, you'd know that my father requires help for the most part. He still has difficulty moving around being that he still has an open wound on his heels. He also needs someone to assist him in cleaning his colostomy bag as well.

For a moment, I felt panic rise up within me, like an acid reflux coming up from my stomach. My father called me late last night, and I could hear the fear in his voice. He asked me "what I am going to do? I'm going to be alone"..... I felt so helpless. I am soooo far away! Quoting the bible, I answered my father in a somewhat firm but consoling voice, "Pa, I know that the Lord will never leave nor forsake you, His child". When I said these words, the peace of God just overtook my heart. The panic disappeared and I felt calm within me knowing that the Lord is faithful. I told my father that he is going to be alright. I don't know how we will manage. I just knew that the Lord will do it for us. I am standing on the promises of God's Word and it is giving me the inner strength and comfort I need to handle this recent dilemma.

So, I started calling relatives and friends in the Philippines way into the night (it's daytime in the Philippines)- everyone that I thought who could help us. Praise God, one of our distant relatives agreed to stay with my father. She is an older woman in her 60's but still is very quick and strong. The problem is, she is taking care of her 16 month old grandchild. But at this point we cannot afford to be choosy, so the grandchild came along with her.

So, I am still praying for the Lord to lead us to another person (preferrably someone younger) who can be an additional help for my father at this time. There is one possible young lady, but we are still awaiting her response. Please help us pray that the Lord will touch her and that she will agree to this temporary arrangement. And also, please pray for healing for Marilyn's mother, and for Marilyn herself to know God at this time in her life. Marilyn's mother was being treated by a quack lady doctor who did all sorts of superstitious rituals on her. (The family can't afford to take her mother to the hospital so they settled with the quack doctor). Marilyn does not know the Lord but she's been inquisitive about "my religion". When I was in Cebu, I had the opportunity to share with her about Jesus. I know that the seed has been planted in the her heart. Help me pray that now would be the time for that seed to grow and bear fruit in Marilyn's life.

As I laid on the bed last night (in between the calls), I thought that I might finally going to have a break from all the emergency situations that's been happening in my family since last year. I guess I was wrong.

Strangely though, I truly feel that this recent incident is just but a bump along the way to greatness. I know deep inside that the Lord has something wonderful in store for me in the near future, and this latest situation is just a bit of a hiccup. Nothing to worry about. For "He knows the plans He has for me, plans to prosper me and not to harm me, plans to give me a hope and a future". (Jer 29:11)

Lord, thank you for the grace you've given me to remain joyful in hope, patient in affliction, and faithful in prayer. Amen.

Once again, I thank you for your prayers and for your time in reading my blogs. I truly appreciate it. God bless you.

Comments

Anonymous said…
hi ate jes! He always provides right on time. :-0 and yep, you're right, that's just a "bump" to greatness. i remember lou engle preaching "[pain] is a doorway to the palace, to your destiny." so whatever you're going through right now is just an opportunity to step into God's exciting plan for you. hehe all by faith and by His grace. i love you te jes. i'll be praying.
Jescel said…
wow, that was a quick response. LOL.. but thank you Yen. I like what Lou Engle said. Thanks for sharing that with me.
Anonymous said…
Hey Jes. I hope you are able to find someone soon! I'm praying for you and your situation.
Dave and Vicky said…
We are praying for you. Your faith is so encouraging. Stay strong and continue to trust in the Lord even though it is so difficult in times like these.
Big Sister said…
as always you are in my prayers. i can't wait to see what the Lord will do. it will be amazing.
Joseph said…
best way to get rid of hiccups --- Pull my finger...LOL
Stacie said…
Jescel, I am praying for your father and that situation. There is a large Filipino community here in town. Do you need me to pass the word in these parts and see if anyone knows anyone who could help out? Let me know. I so appreciate your outlook. May the Lord guide you and give you His peace. Rest in Him.

Popular posts from this blog

A Recap of 2007

Kung Hei Fat Choi

Breast Health