So Limited


I was cleaning the house today when I began reminiscing the times I had with friends when I was in the Philippines, remembering the occasional weekend getaways we used to take. One particular trip was to Santander, located south of Cebu island, Philippines (where I come from). Dolphin sightings have begun to attract tourists there at that time, and of course, it was the perfect excuse for a weekend rendezvous. So off we went on a motorized boat to see those Dolphins at around 5:00AM. The guide took us to the middle of the ocean around where the Dolphins usually choose to show themselves. We waited for hours in anticipation, but alas, the Dolphins decided to take a leave of absence that day, much to our disappointment.

Oftentimes we forget that we have a limited view of life – because we are limited beings. We do not see what God sees. That’s why it’s hard for us to understand what is happening around us at times, especially when we are in the midst of a difficult circumstance.

The situation with my parents, especially with my mother seemed to have taken the worse turn. My mother’s condition has plummeted so much in the last few weeks it’s unbelievable. What my father relates to me is heartbreaking. My mother moans in agony more and more due to the pain wracking her whole body. Her features have now changed – she looks all bloated, her face swollen, her eye drooping and she can now barely speak. And then as if this isn't worse enough, a couple of days ago my dad began to feel dizzy and nauseous, and his ankles and heels also have gotten inflamed. From what he told me, it sounds like blood is clotting on that area of his feet. His doctor is still here in the U.S. and won't be back till Sept. 24th.

It hasn’t even been 2 months since I got back from the Philippines, and now it seems like I will have to go back again. It has been extremely tough for me being away from them. They need me now more than ever. And I thank God my husband understands this completely. We are currently making plans for a trip to the Philippines, though we know that this will be very challenging for us financially. Budget has been tight since this whole ordeal with my mother began, then followed by my father’s medical emergency not too long ago, not to mention the two trips to the Philippines I've made this year so far. But we are trusting the Lord our Jehovah Jireh to meet all our needs. He knows this trip is necessary.

My cross is getting heavier, my eyesight's beginning to grow dim. There’s so much now I cannot see as far as my parents’ condition and our finances are concerned. But Jeremiah 29:11 says: “For I know the plans I have for you says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a FUTURE and a HOPE”... The Lord God is omniscient – He sees the panoramic view of our life. While I see but just a portion, He sees the entire picture.

Isaiah 55: 9 reminds me that “as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my [His] ways higher than your [my] ways and my [His] thoughts than your [my] thoughts.” My view of life is restricted by my humanness. But I will not allow this limitation to prevent me from trusting the Lord Almighty. If faith is the substance of things that are hoped for, of things that are unseen, then I will continue to put my faith in Him. For He is my way, He is my truth and He is my life. His word says that He will not leave His children nor forsake them. He is my stronghold and my Rock. He is my Deliverer. He is my refuge and my shelter, my God in whom I trust.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm always praying you and your parents.

Isaiah 40:31 says "But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint".
This is my payer for you. Be strong, you are giving a great testimony already...
Anonymous said…
amen te jes. He knows the bigger picture and He knows how you are feeling right now. i'll be praying for strength, provision and much grace for you and your loved ones. remember, He does not give you what you cannot bear.;-) and i agree with ms. silvia. your journey in itself is already a testimony. God bless you! we'll be praying.
Jescel said…
. sometimes i just think that i can't take it anymore - that's probably when I'm relying on my own strength and not on God... but than you guys... i appreciate all the love, prayers and support. we (joe, me and my family) all need it.

Popular posts from this blog

A Recap of 2007

Kung Hei Fat Choi

Breast Health