Mama, I Love You



A few hours ago I learned that my mother, Celia Sibal-Cañedo, passed on to be with the Lord (around Sept 20th, 5:00 AM, Philippine time). If you’ve been reading my blogs, you would know that she had been undergoing treatments for breast cancer and had been fighting as hard as she could until her body finally gave out.

Everything happened so very fast that I still could not believe it.



It was just two days ago when I was on the phone with her. I know she was trying hard to speak inspite of pain. We only spoke for maybe a minute but during that brief moment, I was able to tell her that I love her and to hold on to Jesus.

Cancer may have ravaged her physical body, but I know that victory ultimately belongs to her. She is now in a better place - with Jesus - with a glorified body free of pain and suffering

My only regret is that I was not with her during the last days of her life. I would have wanted to be with her, to hold her. This is the most painful thing for me to deal with right now.

My husband and I are flying to the Philippines tomorrow, Sept. 20th. We will be in the Philippines on Saturday (Sept 22nd). We are asking for your prayers in that God would 1) encourage and strengthen us during this time of loss; 2) that our family's needs (i.e., physical, spiritual, financial) would be met in the days ahead; 3) that the joy of the Lord will be with us knowing that Mama is no longer suffering in her physical body, and is now present with our Lord Jesus Christ, to whom she served.

Comments

Marcy Ribeiro said…
we love you guys....she is home! ..will be praying for your daddy...
Anonymous said…
Dear Jescel,
Our hearts and prayers are with you. Is sad to know you mommy lost her battle in earth, but she won the victory in Christ that is eternal!
We are praying for all your prayer requests. Be strong, the Lord is with you and your father needs you.
Blessings,
Silvia and Alex Meza
Dave and Vicky said…
Jescel,
We are so sorry for your loss. Allow the Holy Spirit to comfort your heart and bring peace to you during this hard time.

We love you so much. We are praying for you spiritually, emotionally, and physically.

Love..Vicky and David
Anonymous said…
Jescel, I'm sorry. We are doing everything we can at work to help you out financially, to help you and your family. I want you to know that I am also donating some profits from my etsy store to you and your family, and have your blog address posted in my store (http://lizajayne.etsy.com).

Take comfort in the fact that she is no longer in pain, and that she loved you very much.
Anonymous said…
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I know you must be going through a real tough time right now. I'll be praying for you and your family. You'll make it through.
Anonymous said…
The beautiful words you wrote about your mom brought tears to our eyes. The good news is that we will see her again in heaven!Praying for you, Joe and your family during this difficult times.
Bob, Maria & Kristy Selecky
Big Sister said…
We're so glad you made it there safely. As always you are in our hearts and prayers. I am glad I could be there for you. And I promise I won't do anything to the bathroom! :)

Popular posts from this blog

A Recap of 2007

Kung Hei Fat Choi

Breast Health