Music and Worship



I love music. Who doesn't? Music does so many things to so many people. But like everyone else, I have my own preferences on the kind of music that I listen to. Through the years, I have become very selective on the songs that I listen to. I think mainly because I have come to believe (with conviction!) how powerful words really are. As the bible says, "death and life are in the power of the tongue"... So with this in mind, I make a conscious choice to listen only to music with words that are uplifting and encouraging, ministering to my soul and spirit.

And one of my favorite music ministers is Jason Upton. Note that I said minister and not artist -- and that is because he is a minister, not an entertainer. So ladies and gentlemen, let me introduce him to you... Jason Upton, who - in my opinion - is one of the most annointed prophetic worship leader that this generation ever produced.

Now, I am not trying to put this man on a pedestal. But rather, I am singling him out because he is one that I would like to emulate as a worshipper. His ministry has truly been a blessing to me, and his songs always leave me hungering for more of the Lord. I have what you may call this "holy envy" of him -- I want to have what he has, and more, in the Lord. I want to have the kind of passion, the kind of relationship he has with the Father.

If you are familiar with his music or have been to one of his concerts, then you know what I am talking about. I have been to many concerts by Christian artists -- but there is something with this anointed man of God that sets him apart. He is not one of those who employ gimmicks inorder to pump up the crowd. But you know that when his fingers touch his keyboard - that he is about the Father's business. Being in his concert is like being invited to his bedroom to witness his private time with the Lord. There is this element of intimacy in it, even when he is crying loudly out to the Father in intercession....

Yes, INTIMACY. And sadly, this is what's lacking in most worship servicesthat I've been to. In the bible, David is touted is the "man after God's own heart".. His key? Intimacy. He knows the Father. He knows his God. And personally, this is something that I would like to have. Like King David, I want to be a woman after God's own heart.

As Jason's song in the video above says "It's not about the future, fortune or fame of man but the feelings of the heart of God!"

Yes Father, raise up a generation with a passion for Your heart. A prophetic generation who will declare "thy kingdom come and thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven!".... and start with me Lord, in Jesus name!

Comments

NonyA said…
wow. i love jason upton's songs, too, te jes. worship songs that are borne out of one's intimate moments with God really have a different stamp on them.

Popular posts from this blog

A Recap of 2007

Kung Hei Fat Choi

Breast Health