Creative moves


I've been hooked on watching this tv show "So You Think You Can Dance". This is similar to American Idol, but the dance version. The techniques and versalitily required from the contestants of this show are very high. The creativity from the choreographers are awesome.

Being a dancer isn't easy. Though I'm not a professional dancer like they are, but I am involved in the dance ministry. So I've had a little taste of how it is to memorize the steps, let alone perfect the execution of each movement. It requires physical stamina. It requires passion, dedication. It requires a whole lot of TIME.

It is sad to say though that in the church, we as dance ministers do not maintain the same standards that the world demands. Those that are dancing for the Lord are more often willing to settle for mediocrity -- "because it is not a performance". True, but we forget that we are "worshipping" the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords. He deserves our best. He deserves excellence from us. Therefore, we ought to strive for more, to continually practice our craft so that we can be better each time.

Please don't get me wrong. I am well aware that a heart of worship is more important, but can you just imagine how "powerful" a dance ministry could be if a heart of worship is combined with excellent dance techniques (such as what you've seen in the video above) ignited with the Lord's anointing? Wow. This is my desire as a dance-worshipper. This is my vision. That is why I am never satisfied with where I am today. He whom much is given, much will be required. And my goal is to learn everyday (in all aspects technically and spiritually), to use what I have and continue to practice, so that God can cause an increase in the areas where I lack - to the praise and glory of His name.
Above are two dance routines from that I like... Please watch them. Enjoy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Recap of 2007

Kung Hei Fat Choi

Breast Health